Becky's Food Page 7 Chicken and Stilton Roulades.
May 2 2007
Chicken and Stilton Roulades .
Chicken and Stilton Roulades
- 125g (4oz) Blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 75g (3oz) English butter, softened
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 8 rashers smoked back bacon
- 15ml (tbsp) vegetable oil
- 25g (1oz) English butter
- 1 glass red wine made up to 300ml (1/2 pint) with chicken stock/li>
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5ml (1 level tsp) arrowroot
- Watercress to garnish
- Whisk the cheese and butter to a smooth paste.
- Beat out the chicken breasts between two sheets of damp greaseproof paper. Spread the butter mixture evenly on one side of each breast.
- Roll up the chicken breasts and wrap in rinded bacon rashers. Secure with wooden cocktail sticks.
- In a heavy-based pan, heat the oil and butter and brown the chicken rolls well.
- Pour in the red wine and stock, season, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 35-40 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove the cocktail sticks and place the chicken in a serving dish and keep warm.
- Blend the arrowroot with a little water until smooth, pour into the pan juices and heat, stirring until thickened. Season and spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with watercress sprigs and serve. (Serves 4).
Design and Presentation
* * * *