Becky's Food Page 37 Peanut Butter Fingers.
January 14th 2009
Peanut Butter Fingers
- 2 lb potatoes
- 1 big onion chopped
- 2 big peppers chopped
- 3 carrots grated
- 3 table spoons oil
- 2 courgettes grated
- 4 oz mushrooms chopped
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 4 oz cheese grated
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 table spoons Parmesan cheese
- oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes, cook and mash.
- Put the oil, onion, peppers and carrots in the frying pan.
- Add the courgettes and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the potatoe, mixed herbs, grated cheese and peanut butter. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool.
- Put 1 of the eggs in and mix. Divide the mix into 12. Shape them into fingers.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together, put them on a dish.
- Put the 2nd egg into a bowl and mix it up.
- Dip the fingers in the egg so they are all covered. Put in the fridge to set for 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oil to 190C/350F
- Very carefully put a few fingers in the frying pan and fry them for about 3 minutes. Take out of the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
Design and Presentation
* * * *