Becky's Food Page 28 Choux Buns.
April 30th 2008
- 1/4 pint water
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of sugar
- Put the water, butter and sugar into a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in all the flour.
- Return the saucepan to a low heat and stir until the mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Using a wooden spoon or electric mixer, slowly beat in the eggs until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Using a desert spoon place 1 spoonful of the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Place in a hot oven at 375-400F (200C, gas mark 6) and bake for about 20-25 min.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Design and Presentation
* * * *