Becky's Food Page 22 Carrot Cake.
February 20th 2008
- 125g (4oz) margarine
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 90g (3oz) self raising flour
- 60g (2oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 175g (6oz) grated carrots
For the topping
- 60g (2oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 60 - 90g (2 - 3oz) icing sugar
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy in texture.
- Beat the eggs and carrots into the mixture.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients for the cake together and stir into the wet mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a lined 2 lb loaf tin.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at gas mark 4 (180 C, 360 F) for approx 45060 minutes. (Until the cake is risen, firm and golden).
- Make the topping by mixing all the ingredients together to give a smooth coating thickness..
- When the cake has gone cold spread the the frosting over the top.
Design and Presentation
* * * *